Before checking or servicing in the engine compartment
• Always stop the engine and set the parking brake firmly to prevent the vehicle from moving.
• Always let the engine cool down.
Engine parts become very hot when the engine is running and remain hot for some time after the engine is stopped.
• Do not spill engine oil, engine coolant, brake fluid or any other fluid on hot engine components.
This may cause a fire.
• Always remove the key from the ignition switch. When the ignition switch is in the “ON” position, the cooling fan may operate suddenly even when the engine is stopped.
• Before performing any servicing on a vehicle equipped with a remote engine start system (a dealer option) temporarily place that system in the service mode to prevent it from unexpectedly starting the engine.