Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Body Waterleak Repair
Warning:If the vehicle interior is exposed to moisture and becomes soaked up to the level of the sensing and diagnostic module (SDM), the SDM and SDM harness connector must be replaced. The SDM could be activated when powered, which could cause airbag deployment and result in personal injury.
Depending on the location of the waterleak, you may have to remove certain interior components in order to repair the leak.
- If the floor carpet is wet refer to Floor Carpet Drying.
- Cut out a portion of the adhesive caulking in the leak area from inside or outside of the vehicle.
- Clean and remove all loose particles of the adhesive old caulking from the area.
- Apply joint body and seam sealer where the old adhesive caulking was removed.
- Allow the adhesive caulking to dry for several hours.
- Test for leaks.
- Install the trim, if removed.
Air Hose TestCaution: The air hose test should only be used on fully cured urethane adhesive. Otherwise, damage to the urethane adhesive bead could result in additional leaks. Using a liquid detergent, ...
: Press to turn the system on and off. Turn to increase or decrease the volume. BAND: Press to choose between FM, AM, or SiriusXM®, if equipped. MENU/SEL: Turn to select radio stations. Press to select a menu. : Press to seek the previous station or track. : Press to seek the next station ...
Customer Satisfaction Procedure
Your satisfaction and goodwill are important to your dealer and to Chevrolet. Normally, any concerns with the sales transaction or the operation of the vehicle will be resolved by your dealer's sales or service departments. Sometimes, however, despite the best intentions of all concerned, ...
Front Seat Cushion Cover and Pad Replacement
Removal Procedure Warning: Refer to SIR Warning in the Preface section. Warning: Replace the passenger presence system as a complete assembly to prevent possible injury to the occupant.