Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Headlining Trim Panel Replacement (Without Sunroof)
Warning: Do not attempt to repair or alter the head impact energy-absorbing material glued to the headliner or to the garnish trims. If the material is damaged, replace the headliner and/or the garnish trim. Failure to do so could result in personal injury.
Caution: If a vehicle is equipped with a head curtain inflator module ensure that the inflator module and tether are undamaged. If tether or curtain airbag are damaged in any way, they must be replaced.
Caution: Use care when working around the head curtain inflator module. Sharp tools may puncture the curtain airbag. If the head curtain inflator module is damaged in any way, it must be replaced.
- Disable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling
- Remove the sunshade supports. Refer to Sunshade Support Replacement
- Remove the roof console. Refer to Roof Console Replacement
- Remove the windshield outside moisture sensor cover. Refer to Windshield Outside Moisture Sensor Cover Replacement
- Remove the assist handles. Refer to Assist Handle Replacement
- Remove the windshield garnish moldings. Refer to Windshield Garnish Molding Replacement
- Remove the center pillar upper garnish moldings. Refer to Center Pillar Upper Garnish Molding Replacement
- Remove the quarter window garnish moldings. Refer to Quarter Window Garnish Molding Replacement
- Move the front seat fully forward and recline.
- Headliner Trim Panel Retainer (Qty: 3)
- Headliner Trim Panel Assembly
Disconnect the electrical connectors.
Airbag Readiness Light
This light shows if there is an electrical problem with the airbag system. The system check includes the airbag sensor(s), passenger sensing system, the pretensioners, the airbag modules, the wiring, and the crash sensing and diagnostic module. The airbag readiness light comes on for several ...
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the Preface section. Warning: Refer to Collision Sectioning Warning in the Preface section. Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section. Disable the SIR System.