Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Pretensioner Handling and Scrapping
- EL-38826 SIR Deployment Harness
- EL-39401-B SIR Deployment Fixture
For equivalent regional tools, refer to Special Tools.
Warning: When you are carrying an undeployed seat belt pretensioner:
- Do not carry the seat belt pretensioner by the wires or connector on the pretensioner.
- Do not touch the seat belt pretensioner in the area of the cable.
- Do not cover the tube opening with your hand.
- Keep the open end of the tube pointed away from you. Do not point the open end of the tube at another person.
- When the pretensioner deploys the cable retracts. This shortens the pretensioner between the buckle and the mounting bolt. Grasp the pretensioner by the piston tube.
Disregarding these precautions may result in personal injury or unnecessary SIR system repairs.
Scrapping ProcedureDuring the course of a vehicle's useful life, certain situations may arise which will necessitate the disposal of a live (undeployed) pretensioner. The following information covers the proper proce ...
Additional Maintenance and Care
Your vehicle is an important investment and caring for it properly may help to avoid future costly repairs. To maintain vehicle performance, additional maintenance services may be required. It is recommended that your dealer perform these services — their trained dealer technicians know your v ...
Front Fog Lamp Replacement
Preliminary Procedures Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle. Remove the front bumper fascia. Refer to Front Bumper Fascia Replacement. Disconnect fog lamp bulb socket electrical connector. Front Fog Lamp Screws (Qty: 3) Caution: Refer t ...
Either side of the rear seatback can be folded. To fold the rear seatbacks: 1. Place the front seatbacks in the upright position. Notice: Folding a rear seat with the safety belts still fastened may cause damage to the seat or the safety belts.