Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Rear Compartment Lid Emblem/Nameplate Replacement (Chevrolet)
Rear Compartment Lid Emblem Assembly
Caution: Refer to Exterior Trim Emblem Removal Caution in the Preface section.
- The part and surface should be 21°C (70°F) prior to installation. The vehicle should remain 21°C (70°F) for one hour after assembly to allow adhesive to develop sufficient bond strength.
- Use a Heat Gun or equivalent to remove the old nameplate. Clean all adhesive from the rear compartment panel and wipe the surface dry with a clean lint-free towel prior to installing the new nameplate.
- When removing protective liners from the adhesive tape, be careful not to touch tape with hands and do not allow tape to come in contact with dirt or any foreign matter prior to adhesion.
- Close the rear compartment lid prior to adhesion.
- Using the palm of the hand, wet out the emblem to the rear compartment lid to ensure full adhesion of the emblem is made.
Adjustable air vents are in the center and on the side of the instrument panel. Move the slats (1) to change the direction of the airflow. Use the thumbwheels (2) near the air vents to open or close off the airflow. Additional air vents are located beneath the windshield, driver and passenger ...
Engine Oil Life System
The engine oil life system calculates engine oil life based on vehicle use and displays the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON DIC message or Code 82 DIC message when it is necessary to change the engine oil and filter. Remember, the Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. It will not reset ...
Battery Voltage and Charging Messages
BATTERY SAVER ACTIVE This message displays when the vehicle has detected that the battery voltage is dropping beyond a reasonable point. The battery saver system starts reducing features of the vehicle that may be noticed. At the point that features are disabled, this message displays.