Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Rear Spring Insulator Replacement
- Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle.
- Support the rear axle with a tall jack stand near the shock absorber.
- Remove the lower shock bolt. Refer to Shock Absorber Replacement.
- Using the tall jack stands, slowly lower the rear axle in order to remove tension from the rear springs.
- Remove the spring (1).
- Remove the lower and upper rear spring insulators (1, 2).
Note:The rear springs are indexed with the colored tag toward the rear of the vehicle. No up/down or side to side orientation is required.
- Install the lower and upper rear spring insulators (1, 2).
- Install the spring (1) with the spring tag toward the rear of the vehicle, making sure the lower rear is seated into the lower spring seat.
- Using the jack stands, raise the rear axle in order to compress the rear springs.
- Install the lower shock absorber bolts. Refer to Shock Absorber Replacement.
- Lower the vehicle.
Shock Absorber DisposalWarning: Gas charged shock absorbers contain high pressure gas. Do not remove the snap ring from inside the top of the tube. If the snap ring is removed, the contents of the shock absorber will com ...
Rear Spring ReplacementRemoval Procedure Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle. Support the rear axle with a tall jack stand near the shock absorber. Remove the lower sh ...
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the Preface section. Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section. Disable the SIR System. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to Batt ...
When Should an Airbag Inflate?
This vehicle has advanced technology frontal airbags. Frontal airbags are designed to inflate in moderate to severe frontal or near frontal crashes to help reduce the potential for severe injuries, mainly to the driver's or front outboard passenger's head and chest. However, they are ...
Instrument Panel Assembly Replacement
Preliminary Procedures Disable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling Remove the front floor console assembly. Refer to Front Floor Console Replacement. Remove the radio assembly. Refer to Radio Replacement. Remove the driver information display bezel.