Chevrolet Sonic Owner's Manual: Fabric/Carpet/Suede
Start by vacuuming the surface using a soft brush attachment. If a rotating brush attachment is being used during vacuuming, only use it on the floor carpet. Before cleaning, gently remove as much of the soil as possible using one of the following techniques:
- Gently blot liquids with a paper towel. Continue blotting until no more soil can be removed.
- For solid soils, remove as much as possible prior to vacuuming.
1. Saturate a clean lint-free colorfast cloth with water. Microfiber cloth is recommended to prevent lint transfer to the fabric or carpet.
2. Remove excess moisture by gently wringing until water does not drip from the cleaning cloth.
3. Start on the outside edge of the soil and gently rub toward the center. Fold the cleaning cloth to a clean area frequently to prevent forcing the soil in to the fabric.
4. Continue gently rubbing the soiled area until there is no longer any color transfer from the soil to the cleaning cloth.
5. If the soil is not completely removed, use a mild soap solution followed only by plain water.
If the soil is not completely removed, it may be necessary to use a commercial upholstery cleaner or spot lifter. Test a small hidden area for colorfastness before using a commercial upholstery cleaner or spot lifter. If ring formation occurs, clean the entire fabric or carpet.
Following the cleaning process, a paper towel can be used to blot excess moisture.
Coated MoldingsCoated moldings should be cleaned. When lightly soiled, wipe with a sponge or soft lint-free cloth dampened with water. When heavily soiled, use warm soapy water. ...
Manual Shift Shaft Seal Removal
Manual Shift Shaft Seal Removal Callout Component Name 1 Manual Shift Shaft Seal Note: Use the DT-45201 seal remover to remove the seal to prevent damage to the case surface. Special Tools DT-452 ...
Brake Pipe and Hose Inspection
Warning: Refer to Brake Fluid Irritant Warning. Caution: Refer to Brake Fluid Effects on Paint and Electrical Components Caution. Visually inspect all of the brake pipes for the following conditions: Kinks, incorrect routing, missing or damaged retainers Leaking fittin ...
Hub/Axle Flange and Wheel Stud Runout Inspection
Special Tools GE-8001 Dial Indicator Set , or equivalent Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle. Mark the location of the wheels to the wheel studs and mark the specific vehicle position on each tire and wheel – LF, LR, RF, RR.