Chevrolet Sonic Repair Manual: Cigarette Lighter Receptacle Replacement
EL-42059Cigar Lighter Socket Remover .
For equivalent regional tools. Refer to Special ToolsRemoval Procedure
- Remove the auxiliary power outlet fuse from the fuse block.
- Remove the receptacle:
- Look into the receptacle(2). There are two 3?€‰mm (0.11?€‰in) tab windows 12?€‰mm (0.47?€‰in) from the front of the receptacle. The EL-42059Cigar Lighter Socket Remover pushes the plastic latches from these tab windows and the receptacle can be pulled straight out.
- Place one side of the ?€?T?€? portion of theEL-42059Cigar Lighter Socket Remover into the tab window. TheEL-42059Cigar Lighter Socket Remover will not fit straight into the receptacle. Angle the slightly for insertion into the receptacle.
- Insert the other side of the ?€?T?€? into the opposite tab window.
You must move theEL-42059Cigar Lighter Socket Remover handle toward horizontal to engage the other tab window.
- Use theEL-42059Cigar Lighter Socket Remover to pull the receptacle straight out.
- Route the connector through the retainer. Align the accessory power receptacle retainer to the slot in the opening.
- Install the retainer by pressing into place fully seated.
- Connect the electrical connector to the receptacle.
- Align the tabs on the receptacle to the slots in the retainer. Install the accessory power receptacle by pressing into place until fully seated.
- Install the accessory power receptacle fuse.