Chevrolet Sonic Repair Manual: Differential Case Disassemble
- 6-9607346Sensor Ring Gear Puller
- J-810704Steering Column Center Bar Puller
- J-810721Axle Shaft Seal Remover Support Base
- R-0006749Support Base
- R-0407011Bearing Race Remover
- R-0007761Universal Handle for Pullers and Installers
- S-9407195Pinion Gear Case Bearing Installer
- T-9804678Speed Sensor Reluctor Wheel Remover
For equivalent regional tools, refer to Special Tools.
- Remove the front wheel drive shaft oil seal (1) from the front differential bearing adjuster (2).
Do not interchange outer and inner races respectively when re-using tapered roller bearings.
- Remove the front differential bearing race (1) from the front differential bearing adjuster using theR-0007761handle (2),R-0407011remover (3), and theJ-810721support base (4).
- Remove the ring front wheel speed sensor reluctor wheel (1) using the 6-9607346puller (2),S-9407195installer (3), and theT-9804678 remover (4).
- Remove the front differential bearing assemblies (3) using theJ-810704 puller (1) andR-0006749support base (2) .
- Place a mark (3) on the differential and the differential ring gear for realigning parts during assembly in case both components are reused.
- Remove the front differential ring gear bolts (1) and the front differential ring gear (2).
- Remove the pinion gear shaft retaining washers (1) and the front differential pinion gear shaft (2).
- Remove the front differential pinion gears (3) and side gears (4).