Chevrolet Sonic Repair Manual: Fuel Tank Heat Shield Replacement
- Support the fuel tank with a suitable jack.
- Remove the fuel tank strap fasteners (1) and lower the fuel tank straps (2).
- Remove the fuel tank heat shield fasteners (1) and remove the fuel tank heat shield (2).
Refer to Fastener Caution.
- Install the fuel tank heat shield (2) and tighten the fasteners (1) to10 Y (89 lb in)
- Install the fuel tank straps (2) and tighten the fasteners (1) to 22 Y (16 lb ft)
Plastic Collar Quick Connect Fitting Service
Removal Procedure Warning: Refer to Gasoline/Gasoline Vapors Warning. Note: There are several types of plastic collar fuel and evaporative emission quick connect fittings used on this vehicle. Bartholomew (1) Q Release (2) Squeeze to Rele ...
What to Use
Warning Adding only plain water or some other liquid to the cooling system can be dangerous. Plain water and other liquids, can boil before the proper coolant mixture will. The coolant warning system is set for the proper coolant mixture.