Chevrolet Sonic Repair Manual: Tools and Equipment
Special tools are listed and illustrated throughout this section with a complete listing at the end of the section. These tools, or their equivalents, are specially designed to quickly and safely accomplish the operations for which they are intended. The use of these special tools will also minimize possible damage to engine components. Some precision measuring tools are required for inspection of certain critical components. Torque wrenches and a torque angle meter are necessary for the proper tightening of various fasteners.
To properly service the engine assembly, the following items should be readily available:
- Approved eye protection and safety gloves
- A clean, well lit, work area
- A suitable parts cleaning tank
- A compressed air supply
- Trays or storage containers to keep parts and fasteners organized
- An adequate set of hand tools
- Approved engine repair stand
- An approved engine lifting device that will adequately support the weight of the components
Climate Control Systems
These climate control systems control the heating, cooling, and ventilation for the vehicle. Climate Control System with Heater and Air Conditioning 1. Temperature Control 2. Fan Control 3. Air Delivery Mode Control 4. Driver and Passenger Heated Seats (If Equipped) 5. Air Conditioning 6. ...
High-Beam Headlamp/ Low-Beam Headlamp
1. Open the hood. See Hood. 2. For the driver side bulb, remove the windshield washer bottle filler neck by turning it one-quarter turn counterclockwise and pulling it straight up and out of the bottle. 3. Remove the headlamp bulb access cover. 4.