Dodge Avenger: Driving on slippery surfaces
Rapid acceleration on snow covered, wet, or other slipperysurfaces may cause the front wheels to pull erraticallyto the right or left. This phenomenon occurs whenthere is a difference in the surface traction under the front(driving) wheels.
Rapid acceleration on slippery surfaces is dangerous.
Unequal traction can cause sudden pulling of thefront wheels. You could lose control of the vehicleand possibly have an accident. Accelerate slowly andcarefully whenever there is likely to be poor traction(ice, snow, wet, mud, loose sand, etc.).
When driving on wet or slushy roads, it is possible for awedge of water to build up between the tire and roadsurface. This is hydroplaning and may cause partial orcomplete loss of vehicle control and stopping ability. Toreduce this possibility, the following precautions shouldbe observed:
1. Slow down during rainstorms or when roads areslushy.
2. Slow down if the road has standing water or puddles.
3. Replace the tires when tread wear indicators firstbecome visible.
4. Keep the tires properly inflated.
5. Maintain enough distance between your vehicle andthe vehicle in front of you to avoid a collision in a suddenstop.