Dodge Avenger: Remote start system — if equipped
This system uses the Remote Keyless Entry(RKE) transmitter to start the engine convenientlyfrom outside the vehicle while stillmaintaining security. The system has a range ofapproximately 300 ft (91 m).
NOTE: The vehicle must be equipped with an automatictransmission to be equipped with Remote Start.
How to Use Remote Start
All of the following conditions must be met before theengine will remote start:
• Shift lever in PARK.
• Doors closed.
• Hood closed.
• Trunk closed.
• Hazard switch off.
• Brake switch inactive (brake pedal not pressed).
• Ignition key removed from ignition switch.
• Battery at an acceptable charge level, and.
• RKE PANIC button not pressed.
• Do not start or run an engine in a closed garage orconfined area. Exhaust gas contains Carbon Monoxide(CO) which is odorless and colorless. CarbonMonoxide is poisonous and can cause seriousinjury or death when inhaled.
• Keep Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmittersaway from children. Operation of the Remote StartSystem, windows, door locks or other controlscould cause serious injury or death.
To Enter Remote Start Mode
Press and release the REMOTE START buttonon the RKE transmitter twice, within five seconds.
The parking lights will flash and the hornwill chirp twice (if programmed). Then, theengine will start and the vehicle will remain in theRemote Start mode for a 15-minute cycle.
• If an engine fault is present the vehicle will start andthen shut down 10 seconds later.
• For security, power window operation is disabledwhen the vehicle is in the Remote Start mode.
• The engine can be started two consecutive times (two15 minute cycles) with the RKE transmitter. However,the ignition switch must be cycled to the ON positionbefore you can repeat the start sequence for a thirdcycle.
To Exit Remote Start Mode Without Driving theVehicle
Press and release the REMOTE START button one time orallow the engine to run for the entire 15 minute cycle.
NOTE: To avoid unintentional shut downs, the systemwill disable the one-time press of the Remote Start buttonfor two seconds after receiving a valid remote startrequest.
To Exit Remote Start Mode and Drive the Vehicle
Before the end of the 15 minute cycle, press and releasethe UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter to unlockthe doors and disarm the Vehicle Security Alarm (ifequipped). Then, within 15 minutes, insert the key intothe ignition switch and turn the switch to the ONposition.
NOTE: The ignition switch must be in the ON positionin order to drive the vehicle.