How to jump start
1. Make sure the booster battery is 12 volts and the negative terminal is grounded.
2. If the booster battery is in another vehicle, do not let the two vehicles touch.
3. Turn off all unnecessary lights and accessories.
4. Connect the jumper cables exactly in the sequence illustrated.
1) Connect one jumper cable to the positive (+) terminal on the discharged battery.
2) Connect the other end of the jumper cable to the positive (+) terminal of the booster battery.
3) Connect one end of the other cable to the negative (−) terminal of the booster battery.
4) Connect the other end of the cable to the strut mounting nut.
Make sure that the cables are not near any moving parts and that the cable clamps are not in contact with any other metal.
5. Start the engine of the vehicle with the booster battery and run it at moderate speed. Then start the engine of the vehicle that has the discharged battery.
6. When finished, carefully disconnect the cables in exactly the reverse order.