Hyundai Elantra: Seat belt restraint system
- For maximum restraint system protection, the seat belts must always be used whenever the car is moving.
- Seat belts are most effective when seatbacks are in the upright position.
- Children age 12 and under must always be properly restrained in the rear seat. Never allow children to ride in the front passenger seat. If a child over 12 must be seated in the front seat, he/she must be properly belted and the seat should be moved as far back as possible.
- Never wear the shoulder belt under your arm or behind your back. An improperly positioned shoulder belt can cause serious injuries in a crash. The shoulder belt should be positioned midway over your shoulder across your collarbone.
- Avoid wearing twisted seat belts. A twisted belt can't do its job as well. In a collision, it could even cut into you. Be sure the belt webbing is straight and not twisted.
- Be careful not to damage the belt webbing or hardware. If the belt webbing or hardware is damaged, replace it.