If no steam is coming from the engine compartment
For details about how to check the coolant level or how to add coolant, refer to “Engine coolant” F11-17.
1. Keep the engine running at idling speed.
2. Open the hood to ventilate the engine compartment. Refer to “Engine hood” F11-7.
Confirm that the cooling fan is turning. If the fan is not turning, immediately turn off the engine and contact your authorized dealer for repair.
3. After the engine coolant temperature has dropped, turn off the engine. If the coolant temperature high warning light illuminates, turn off the engine.
4. After the engine has fully cooled down, check the coolant level in the reserve tank.
If the coolant level is below the “LOW” mark, add coolant up to the “FULL” mark.
5. If there is no coolant in the reserve tank, add coolant to the reserve tank. Then remove the radiator cap and fill the radiator with coolant.
If you remove the radiator cap from a hot radiator, first wrap a thick cloth around the radiator cap, then turn the cap counterclockwise slowly without pressing down until it stops. Release the pressure from the radiator. After the pressure has been fully released, remove the cap by pressing down and turning it.
Other sound setting controls
Type A and B audio Type C audio Each brief press of the “MENU” button changes the control modes in the following sequence. Type A audio: Type B audio: Type C audio: Choose the desired sett ...
Checking the coolant level
Checking the coolant level 1) “FULL” level mark 2) “LOW” level mark Check the coolant level at each fuel stop. 1.