Kia Optima: With central door lock switch (if equipped)
Passenger’s door (if equipped)
Operate by pressing the central door lock switch.
- Press the switch to the "Lock" position (1), all vehicle doors will lock.
- Press the switch to the "Unlock" position (2), all vehicle doors will unlock.
- If the key is in the ignition switch (or if the smart key is in the vehicle) and any front door is opened, the doors will not lock when the “Lock” position (1) of the central door lock switch is pressed. (if equipped)
WARNING - Doors
- The doors should always be fully closed and locked while the vehicle is in motion to prevent accidental opening of the door. Locked doors will also discourage potential intruders when the vehicle stops or slows.
- Be careful when opening doors and watch for vehicles, motorcycles, bicycles or pedestrians approaching the vehicle in the path of the door. Opening a door when something is approaching can cause damage or injury.
WARNING - Unlocked vehicles
Leaving your vehicle unlocked can invite theft or possible harm to you or others from someone hiding in your vehicle while you are gone. Always remove the ignition key, engage the parking brake, close all windows and lock all doors when leaving your vehicle unattended.
WARNING - Unattended children
An enclosed vehicle can become extremely hot, causing death or severe injury to unattended children or animals who cannot escape the vehicle. Furthermore, children might operate features of the vehicle that could injure them, or they could encounter other harm, possibly from someone gaining entry to the vehicle. Never leave children or animals unattended in your vehicle.