Kia Sorento: Blind spot detection system (BSD) (If equipped)
The BSD (Blind spot detection) system uses a radar sensor to alert the driver while driving.
It senses the rear side territory of the vehicle and provides information to the driver.
➀ BSD(Blind spot detection)
Warning range is dependent on your vehicle speed. However, if your vehicle speed is speedy about 10km/h than other vehicle, the warning is not operated.
➁ LCA(Lane change assist)
When the vehicle is approaching to your vehicle at high speed, the warning is operated.
- Always check the road conditions while driving for unexpected situations even though the BSD (Blind spot detection) system is operating.
- Never use the BSD system as a replacement for careful driving practices. Drivers should always use their mirrors and look over their shoulders to detect other vehicles when changing lanes. The BSD system is only intended to supplement safe practices.
The indicator on the switch will illuminate when the BSD (Blind spot detection) system switch is pressed with the ignition switch ON. If vehicle speed exceeds 18.6 mph (30 km/h) the system will activate.
If the ignition switch is turned OFF and ON the system returns to the previous state.
When the system is not used turn the system off by turning off the switch.
When the system is turned on the warning light will illuminate for 3 seconds on the outside rearview mirror.
The system will activate when:
1.The system is on
2.Vehicle speed is above 18.6 mph (30 km/h)
3.Other vehicles are detected in the rear side
If a vehicle is detected within the boundary of the system, a yellow warning light will illuminate inside of the outside rearview mirror glass.
The second stage alarm will activate when:
1.The first stage alert is on
2.The turn signal is on to change a lane or the hazard warning light ison
When the second stage alert is activated, a warning light will illuminate on the outside rearview mirror housing and a alarm will sound.
The sensors are located on inside of the rear bumper.
Always keep the rear bumper clean for the system to work properly.
The message will appear to notify the driver if there are foreign substances on the rear bumper or it is hot near the rear bumper. The light on the switch and the system will turn off automatically.
Remove the foreign matter on the rear bumper.
If the system does not work normally even though the foreign matter is removed, take your vehicle to an authorized Kia dealer and have the system checked.
If the system does not work properly, a warning message will appear and the light on the switch will turn off.
The system will turn off automatically. Have your vehicle inspected by an authorized Kia dealer.
- The warning light on the outside rearview mirror housing will illuminate whenever a vehicle is detected at the rear side by the system. To avoid accidents, do not focus only on the warning light and neglect to see the surroundings of the vehicle.
- Drive safely even though the vehicle is equipped with a BSD (Blind spot detection) system. Do not solely rely on the system but check for yourself before changing lanes. The system may not alert the driver in some conditions so always check the surroundings while driving.
- The system may not work properly if the bumper has been replaced or if repair work has been done near the sensor.
- The detection area differs according to the roads width. If the road is narrow the system may detect other vehicles in the next lane.
- To the contrary, if the road is very wide the system may not detect other vehicles.
- The system may turn off due to strong electromagneticwaves.
The driver must be cautious in the following situations in which the system may not assist the driver and may not function properly.
- Curved roads, tollgates, etc.
- The surrounding of the sensor is covered by rain, snow, mud, etc
- The rear bumper near the sensor is covered or hidden with a foreign matter such as a sticker, bumper guard, bicycle stand etc.
- The rear bumper is damaged or the sensor is out of place.
- The height of the vehicle is changed or altered such as when the trunk is loaded with heavy objects, or has abnormal tire pressure etc.
- Due to bad weather such as heavy rain or snow.
- A fixed object is near such as a guardrail, etc.
- A lot of amount of metal substances are near the vehicles such as a construction area.
- A big vehicle is near such as a bus or truck.
- A motorcycle or bicycle is near.
- A flat trailer like vehicle is near.
- If the vehicle has started at the same time as the vehicle next to it and has accelerated.
- When the other vehicle passes by very fast.
- When changing lanes.
- When going down or up a steep road where the height of the lane is different.
- When the other vehicle drives at the rear very nearby or drives very close.
- When the temperature near the bumper is high.
- When a trailer or carrier is installed.
Outside rearview mirror may not alert the driver when:
- The outside rearview mirror housing is covered with foreign matter.
- The window is covered with foreign matter.
- The windows are severely tinted.
Cruise control system1. Cruise indicator 2. Cruise set indicator The cruise control system allows you to program the vehicle to maintain a constant speed without pressing the accelerator pedal. This system is design ...
Tail Gate Replacement
Tailgate Trim Replacement 1. Using a screwdriver or remover, remove the upper trim (B). 2. After loosening the mounting screws, then remove ...
HO2S [Bank 1/Sensor 1] Item Specification Heater Resistance (Ω) 2.5 4.0 [20°C(68°F)] HO2S [Bank 1/Sensor 2] A/F Ratio (λ) ...
Electronic stability control (ESC)
The Electronic Stability control (ESC) system is designed to stabilize the vehicle during cornering maneuvers. ESC checks where you are steering and where the vehicle is actually going.