Kia Soul: Ignition switch position
The steering wheel locks to protect against theft (if equipped). The ignition key can be removed only in the LOCK position.
When turning the ignition switch to the LOCK position, push the key inward at the ACC position and turn the key toward the LOCK position.
The steering wheel is unlocked and electrical accessories are operative.
If difficulty is experienced turning the ignition switch to the ACC position, turn the key while turning the steering wheel right and left to release the tension.
The warning lights can be checked before the engine is started. This is the normal running position after the engine is started.
Do not leave the ignition switch ON if the engine is not running to prevent battery discharge.
Turn the ignition switch to the START position to start the engine. The engine will crank until you release the key; then it returns to the ON position. The brake warning light can be checked in this position.
WARNING - Ignition switch
- Never turn the ignition switch to LOCK or ACC while the vehicle is moving. This would result in loss of directional control and braking function, which could cause an accident.
- The anti-theft steering column lock (if equipped) is not a substitute for the parking brake. Before leaving the driver’s seat, always make sure the shift lever is engaged in 1st gear for the manual transaxle or P (Park) for automatic transaxle, set the parking brake fully and shut the engine off. Unexpected and sudden vehicle movement may occur if these precautions are not taken.
- Never reach for the ignition switch, or any other controls through the steering wheel while the vehicle is in motion. The presence of your hand or arm in this area could cause a loss of vehicle control, an accident and serious bodily injury or death.
- Do not place any movable objects around the driver’s seat as they may move while driving, interfere with the driver and lead to an accident.
Starting the engineWARNING Always wear appropriate shoes when operating your vehicle. Unsuitable shoes (high heels, ski boots,etc.) may interfere with your ability to use the brake and accelerator pedal. 1.Make su ...
1. Disconnect the ignition switch connector (B) and key warning switch connector (A) from under the steering column. ...
Cluster Ionizer (FATC only) Inspection
1. Press the MODE switch more then 4 times within 2 seconds while pressing the OFF switch. Display Fail description 00 ...
Closing the tailgate
To close the tailgate, lower and push down the tailgate firmly. Make sure that the tailgate is securely latched. WARNING - Exhaust fumes Driving with the tailgate open is not advisable.