Kia Soul: Operating door locks from inside the vehicle
With the door lock button
- To unlock a door, push the door lock button (1) to the “Unlock” position. The red mark (2) on the button will be visible.
- To lock a door, push the door lock button (1) to the “Lock” position. If the door is locked properly, the red mark (2) on the door lock button will not be visible.
- To open a door, pull the door handle (3) outward.
- If the inner door handle of the driver’s (or front passenger’s) door is pulled when the door lock button is in the lock position, the button will unlock and the door will open. (if equipped)
- Front doors cannot be locked if the ignition key is in the ignition switch and any front door is opened.
WARNING - Door lock malfunction
If a power door lock ever fails to function while you are in the vehicle, try one or more of the following techniques to exit:
- Operate the door unlock feature repeatedly (both electronic and manual) while simultaneously pulling on the door handle.
- Operate the other door locks and handles, front and rear.
- Lower a front window and use the key to unlock the door from outside.
- Move to the cargo area and open the tailgate.
With central door lock switch
Operate by pressing the central door lock switch.
- When pressing the front portion (1) of the switch, all vehicle doors will lock.
- When pressing the rear portion (2) of the switch, all vehicle doors will unlock.
- If the key is in the ignition switch and any front door is opened, the doors will not lock even though the front portion (1) of the central door lock switch is pressed.
WARNING - Doors
- The doors should always be fully closed and locked while the vehicle is in motion to prevent accidental opening of the door. Locked doors will also discourage potential intruders when the vehicle stops or slows down.
- Be careful when opening doors and watch for vehicles, motorcycles, bicycles or pedestrians approaching the vehicle in the path of the door. Opening a door when something is approaching can cause damage or injury.
WARNING - Unlocked vehicles
Leaving your vehicle unlocked can invite theft or possible harm to you or others from someone hiding in your vehicle while you are gone. Always remove the ignition key, engage the parking brake, close all windows and lock all doors when leaving your vehicle unattended.
WARNING - Unattended children
An enclosed vehicle can become extremely hot, causing death or severe injury to unattended children or animals who cannot escape the vehicle. Furthermore, children might operate features of the vehicle that could injure them, or they could encounter other harm, possibly from someone gaining entry to the vehicle. Never leave children or animals unattended in your vehicle.