Mazda 3 Service Manual: Electro Hydraulic Power Assist Steering (EHPAS) Control Module Configuration
If the EHPAS CM configuration is not completed, the EHPAS will not operate properly. If the EHPAS CM is replaced, always carry out the EHPAS CM configuration so that the EHPAS operates properly.
1. Connect the M-MDS (IDS) to the DLC-2.
2. After the vehicle is identified, select the following items from the initialization screen of the IDS.
Select the “Module Programming”.
3. Then, select items from the screen menu in the following order.
Select “Programmable Module Installation”.
4. Perform the configuration according to the directions on the screen.
5. Retrieve DTCs by the IDS, then verify that there is no DTC present.
If a DTC (s) is detected, perform the applicable DTC inspection..
Prevent caustic solutions such as perfume and cosmetic oils from contacting the dashboard. They will damage and discolor the dashboard. If these solutions get on the dashboard, wipe them off immediately. CAUTION Do not use glazing agents. Glazing agents contain ingredients which ...
Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Inspection [FS5 A EL]
CAUTION: Water or foreign objects entering the connector can cause a poor connection or corrosion. Be sure not to drop water or foreign objects on the connector when disconnecting it. On-Vehicle Inspection 1. Perform the following procedures. a. Remove the battery cover.. b.