Mazda 3 Service Manual: Fuel Filter (High Pressure) Removal/Installation [Mzr 2.0, Mzr 2.5]
Fuel is very flammable liquid. If fuel spills or leaks from the pressurized fuel system, it will cause serious injury or death and facility breakage. Fuel can also irritate skin and eyes. To prevent this, always complete the “Fuel Line Safety Procedure”, while referring to “BEFORE SERVICE PRECAUTION”.
A person charged with static electricity could cause a fire or explosion, resulting in death or serious injury. Before draining fuel, make sure to discharge static electricity by touching the vehicle body.
1. Complete the “BEFORE SERVICE PRECAUTION”..
2. Remove the battery cover..
3. Disconnect the negative battery cable..
4. Remove the rear seat cushion..
5. Remove the fuel pump unit..
6. Remove the fuel filter (high-pressure)..
7. Install in the reverse order of removal.