Nissan Maxima: Automatic door locks
-All doors lock automatically when the vehicle speed reaches 15 MPH (24 km/h).
- All doors unlock automatically when the ignition switch is placed in the OFF position.
The automatic lock and unlock functions can be deactivated or activated independently of each other. To deactivate or activate the automatic door lock or unlock system, perform the following procedure:
1. Close all doors.
2. Place the ignition switch in the ON position.
3. Do one of the following within 20 seconds of performing Step #2:
- To change AUTO UNLOCK settings:
push and hold the power door lock switch to the position (UNLOCK) for more than 5 seconds.
- To change AUTO LOCK settings: push and hold the power door lock switch to the position(LOCK) for more than 5 seconds.
4. When activated, the hazard warning lights will flash twice. When deactivated, the hazard warning lights will flash once.
5. The ignition switch must be placed in the OFF and ON position again between each setting change.