Nissan Maxima: Cruise control operations
The cruise control allows driving at a speed between 25 - 89 MPH (40 - 144 km/h) without keeping your foot on the accelerator pedal.
To turn on the cruise control, push the ON·OFF switch on. The CRUISE indicator light in the instrument panel will illuminate.
To set cruising speed, accelerate the vehicle to the desired speed, push the COAST/SET switch and release it. Take your foot off the accelerator pedal. Your vehicle maintains the set speed.
- To pass another vehicle, depress the accelerator pedal. When you release the pedal, the vehicle returns to the previously set speed.
- The vehicle may not maintain the set speed when going up or down steep hills. If this happens, drive without the cruise control.
To cancel the preset speed, use one of the following three methods.
- Push the CANCEL button.
- Tap the brake pedal.
- Push the ON·OFF switch off. The CRUISE indicator light in the instrument panel goes out.
The cruise control is automatically canceled if:
- you depress the brake pedal while pushing the ACCEL/RES or SET/COAST switch.
The preset speed is deleted from memory.
- the vehicle slows down more than 8 MPH (13 km/h) below the set speed.
- you move the shift selector to N (Neutral).
To reset at a faster cruising speed, use one of the following three methods.
- Depress the accelerator pedal. When the vehicle attains the desired speed, push and release the COAST/SET switch.
- Push and hold the ACCEL/RES switch.
When the vehicle attains the speed you desire, release the switch.
- Push and release the ACCEL/RES switch.
Each time you do this, the set speed increases by about 1 MPH (1.6 km/h).
To reset at a slower cruising speed, use one of the following three methods.
- Lightly tap the brake pedal. When the vehicle attains the desired speed, push the COAST/SET switch and release it.
- Push and hold the COAST/SET switch. Release the switch when the vehicle slows to the desired speed.
- Push and release the COAST/SET switch.
Each time you do this, the set speed decreases by about 1 MPH (1.6 km/h).
To resume the preset speed, push and release the ACCEL/RES switch. The vehicle returns to the last set cruising speed when the vehicle speed is over 25 MPH (40 km/h).
Break-in scheduleCAUTION: During the first 1,200 miles (2,000 km), follow these recommendations to obtain maximum engine performance and ensure the future reliability and economy of your new vehicle. Failure to f ...
Rolling code programming
Rolling code garage door openers (or other rolling code devices) which are “code protected” and manufactured after 1996, may be determined by the following: ● Reference the garage door o ...
The remote key has a range of approximately 60 ft. (20 m) from the vehicle. NOTE Buildings or other obstacles may interfere with the function of the remote key.