Listed below are conditions or occurrences which will damage the keyfob:
- Do not allow the keyfob, which contains electrical components, to come into contact with water or salt water. This could affect the system function.
- Do not drop the keyfob.
- Do not strike the keyfob sharply against another object.
- Do not change or modify the keyfob.
- Wetting may damage the keyfob. If the keyfob gets wet, immediately wipe until it is completely dry.
- Do not place the keyfob for an extended period in an area where temperatures exceed 140°F (60°C).
- Do not attach the keyfob with a key holder that contains a magnet.
- Do not place the keyfob near equipment that produces a magnetic field, such as a TV, audio equipment and personal computers.
If a keyfob is lost or stolen, NISSAN recommends erasing the ID code of that keyfob.
This will prevent the keyfob from unauthorized use to unlock the vehicle. For information regarding the erasing procedure, please contact a NISSAN dealer.