Nissan Rogue Service Manual: C1115 ABS sensor [abnormal signal]
DTC DETECTION LOGIC
|DTC||Display Item||Malfunction detected condition||Possible causes|
|C1115||ABS SENSOR [ABNORMAL SIGNAL]||When difference in wheel speed between any wheel and others is detected while the vehicle is driven because of installation of tires other than specified.||
DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE
1.CHECK SELF-DIAGNOSTIC RESULT
- Start engine and drive vehicle at approximately 30 km/h (19 MPH) or more for approximately 1 minute.
- Perform self-diagnostic result.
Is DTC C1115 detected? YES >> Proceed to diagnosis procedure. Refer to BRC-85, "Diagnosis Procedure".
NO >> Inspection End.
Regarding Wiring Diagram information, refer to BRC-57, "Wiring Diagram".
CAUTION: Do not check between wheel sensor terminals.
- Disconnect ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) connector E125 and wheel sensor connector of wheel with DTC.
- Check terminals for deformation, disconnection, looseness or damage.
Is the inspection result normal? YES >> GO TO 2.
NO >> Repair or replace as necessary.
2.CHECK WHEEL SENSOR OUTPUT SIGNAL
- Connect ABS active wheel sensor tester (J-45741) to wheel sensor using appropriate adapter.
- Turn on the ABS active wheel sensor tester power switch.
NOTE: The green POWER indicator should illuminate. If the POWER indicator does not illuminate, replace the battery in the ABS active wheel sensor tester before proceeding.
- Spin the wheel of the vehicle by hand and observe the red SENSOR indicator on the ABS active wheel sensor tester. The red SENSOR indicator should flash on and off to indicate an output signal.
NOTE: If the red SENSOR indicator illuminates but does not flash, reverse the polarity of the tester leads and retest.
Does the ABS active wheel sensor tester detect a signal? YES >> GO TO 3.
NO >> Replace the wheel sensor. Refer to BRC-132, "FRONT WHEEL SENSOR : Removal and Installation" or BRC-134, "REAR WHEEL SENSOR : Removal and Installation".
Check the inflation pressure, wear and size of each tire.
Is the inspection result normal?
YES >> GO TO 4.
NO >> Adjust tire pressure, or replace tire(s).
4.CHECK WIRING HARNESS FOR SHORT CIRCUIT
Check continuity between wheel sensor connector terminals and ground of wheel with DTC.
Is the inspection result normal? YES >> GO TO 5.
NO >> Repair the circuit.
5.CHECK WIRING HARNESS FOR OPEN CIRCUIT
Check continuity between ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) connector E125 and wheel sensor connector of wheel with DTC.
Is the inspection result normal? YES >> Replace the ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit). Refer to BRC-136, "Removal and Installation".
NO >> Repair the circuit.
Steering gear and linkage
Exploded View REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION Cotter pin Steering gear Heat shiel Removal and Installation REMOVAL Set the front wheels and tires to the straight-ahead position. Remove the floor cover.