Nissan Rogue Service Manual: Steering gear and linkage
Check boot for cracks. Replace if any damage is found.
OUTER SOCKET AND INNER SOCKET
- Check boot for cracks, and replace it if a malfunction is detected.
- Check gear housing for damage and scratches (inner wall). Replace if there are any abnormal conditions.
- Ball joint swinging torque
- Hook a spring balance to the ball stud and inner socket measuring point (*) and pull the spring balance. Make sure that the spring balance reads the specified value when ball stud and inner socket start to move. Replace outer socket and inner socket if they are outside the specification.
Tool number : — (J-44372)
Swinging torque : Refer to ST-19, "Steering Gear".
- Ball joint rotating torque
- Make sure that the reading is within the following specified range using suitable tool. Replace outer socket if the reading is outside the specification.
Rotating torque : Refer to ST-19, "Steering Gear"
- Ball joint axial end play
- Apply an axial load of 490 N (50 kg, 111 lb) to ball stud. Measuring the amount of stud movement using a dial gauge, make sure that the value is within specification. Replace outer socket (A) and inner socket (B) if the measured value is outside specification.
Axial end play : Refer to ST-19, "Steering Gear".