Nissan Sentra Service Manual: Front disc brake
BRAKE PAD : Inspection
Check brake pad thickness from an inspection hole on caliper body.
Check using a scale if necessary
Wear limit thickness : Refer to BR-55, "Front Disc Brake".
DISC ROTOR : Inspection
Check surface of disc rotor for uneven wear, cracks or damage. Replace if any abnormal conditions exist.
- Check the wheel bearing axial end play before the inspection. Refer to FAX-6, "Inspection".
- Secure the disc rotor to the wheel hub and bearing assembly with wheel nuts at two wheel nut locations.
- Inspect the runout with a dial gauge, measured at 10 mm (0.39 in) inside the disc edge.
Runout : Refer to BR-55, "Front Disc Brake".
- Find the installation position with a minimum runout by shifting the disc rotor-to-wheel hub and bearing assembly installation position by one hole at a time if the runout exceeds the limit value.
- Refinish the disc rotor if the runout is outside the limit even after performing the above operation. When refinishing, use Tool.
Tool number : 38-PFM92 ( вЂ” )
Check the thickness of the disc rotor using a micrometer. Replace the disc rotor if the thickness is below the wear limit.
Wear thickness : Refer to BR-55, "Front Disc Brake".
Thickness variation : Refer to BR-55, "Front Disc Brake".