Nissan Sentra Service Manual: Front wiper auto stop signal circuit
Component function check
1. Check front wiper (auto stop) operation
Consult data monitor
- Select вЂњWIP AUTO STOPвЂќ of IPDM E/R DATA MONITOR item.
- Operate the front wiper.
- With the front wiper operation, check the monitor status.
Is the inspection result normal? YES >> Auto stop signal circuit is normal.
NO >> Refer to WW-41, "Diagnosis Procedure".
Regarding wiring diagram information, refer to ww-24, "wiring diagram - with intelligent key" or ww-29, "wiring diagram - without intelligent key".
1. Check ipdm e/r output voltage
- Turn the ignition switch off
- Disconnect front wiper motor.
- Turn the ignition switch on.
- Check voltage between front wiper motor connector e1 and ground.
Is the inspection result normal? Yes >> replace front wiper motor. Refer to ww-62, "removal and installation".
No >> go to 2.
2. Check front wiper motor (auto stop) circuit continuity
- Turn the ignition switch OFF
- Disconnect ipdm e/r connector.
- Check continuity between ipdm e/r harness connector e46 and front wiper motor harness connector e1.
- Check continuity between ipdm e/r harness connector e46 and ground.
Is the inspection result normal? Yes >> replace ipdm e/r. Refer to pcs-30, "removal and installation" (with intelligent key system) or pcs-58, "removal and installation" (without intelligent key system).
No >> repair or replace the harness or connectors.