Nissan Sentra Service Manual: G Sensor
- G sensor
NВ·m (kg-m, ft-lb)
NВ·m (kg-m, in-lb)
Removal and Installation
Do not leave any objects (screwdrivers, tools, etc.) on the seat during seat repair. It can lead to personal injury if the side air bag module should accidentally deploy.
- Do not drop or strike G sensor, because it has little tolerance for impact.
- Do not use a power tool and avoid impact.
- Disconnect the negative and positive battery terminals and wait at least three minutes. Refer to PG-50, "Removal and Installation (Battery)".
- Remove driver seat. Refer to SE-18, "DRIVER SIDE : Removal and Installation - Seat Assembly".
- Remove center pillar lower garnish (left side) and dash side finisher (left side). Refer to INT-27, "CENTER PILLAR LOWER FINISHER : Removal and Installation" (center pillar lower garnish) and INT-26, "DASH SIDE FINISHER : Removal and Installation" (dash side finisher).
- Pull up floor carpet. Refer to INT-35, "Removal and Installation".
- Disconnect G sensor harness connector.
- Remove G sensor.
- Remove bracket.
Installation is the reverse order of removal.
ADJUSTMENT AFTER INSTALLATION
Perform вЂњCALIBRATION OF G SENSORвЂќ. Refer to TM-147, "Description".