Nissan Sentra Service Manual: Precaution for supplemental restraint system (SRS) air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner
Nissan Sentra Service Manual: Precaution for supplemental restraint system (SRS) "air bag" and "seat belt pre-tensioner"
The Supplemental Restraint System such as вЂњAIR BAGвЂќ and вЂњSEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONERвЂќ, used along with a front seat belt, helps to reduce the risk or severity of injury to the driver and front passenger for certain types of collision. Information necessary to service the system safely is included in the SR and SB section of this Service Manual.
- To avoid rendering the SRS inoperative, which could increase the risk of personal injury or death in the event of a collision which would result in air bag inflation, all maintenance must be performed by an authorized NISSAN/INFINITI dealer.
- Improper maintenance, including incorrect removal and installation of the SRS, can lead to personal injury caused by unintentional activation of the system. For removal of Spiral Cable and Air Bag Module, see the SR section.
- Do not use electrical test equipment on any circuit related to the SRS unless instructed to in this Service Manual. SRS wiring harnesses can be identified by yellow and/or orange harnesses or harness connectors.
PRECAUTIONS WHEN USING POWER TOOLS (AIR OR ELECTRIC) AND HAMMERS
- When working near the Airbag Diagnosis Sensor Unit or other Airbag System sensors with the Ignition ON or engine running, DO NOT use air or electric power tools or strike near the sensor(s) with a hammer. Heavy vibration could activate the sensor(s) and deploy the air bag(s), possibly causing serious injury.
- When using air or electric power tools or hammers, always switch the Ignition OFF, disconnect the battery and wait at least three minutes before performing any service.
Precaution for workWhen removing or disassembling each component, be careful not to damage or deform it. If a component may be subject to interference, be sure to protect it with a shop cloth. When removing (d ...
Parking brake system
Inspection and Adjustment INSPECTION Lever Stroke Operate the parking brake lever with a force of 196 N (20.0 kg-f, 44.1 lb-f). Check that the lever stroke is within the specified number of notches.