Nissan Sentra Service Manual: Rear disc brake
BRAKE PAD : Inspection
Check pad thickness from an inspection hole on caliper body. Check using a scale if necessary.
Wear limit thickness : Refer to BR-55, "Rear Disc Brake".
DISC ROTOR : Inspection
Check surface of disc rotor for uneven wear, cracks or damage. Replace if any abnormal conditions exist.
- Check the wheel bearing axial end play before the inspection. Refer to RAX-5, "Inspection".
- Secure the disc rotor to the wheel hub and bearing assembly with wheel nuts at two wheel nut locations.
- Inspect the runout with a dial gauge, measured at 10 mm (0.39 in) inside the disc edge.
Runout : Refer to BR-55, "Rear Disc Brake".
- Find the installation position with a minimum runout by shifting the disc rotor-to-wheel hub and bearing assembly installation position by one hole at a time if the runout exceeds the limit value.
- Refinish the disc rotor if the runout is outside the limit even after performing the above operation. When refinishing, use Tool.
Tool number : 38-PFM92 ( вЂ” )
Check the thickness of the disc rotor using a micrometer. Replace the disc rotor if the thickness is below the minimum thickness.
Minimum thickness : Refer to BR-55, "Rear Disc Brake".
Thickness variation : Refer to BR-55, "Rear Disc Brake".
Rear drum brakeBRAKE LINING BRAKE LINING : Inspection INSPECTION Brake Lining Check brake lining wear thickness (A). Check using a scale if necessary. Lining wear thickness (A) : Refer to BR-55, "Re ...
Front suspension assembly
Inspection COMPONENT PART Check the mounting conditions (looseness, backlash) of each component.