Nissan Sentra Service Manual: Service Notice and Precautions for Road Wheel
- Genuine NISSAN aluminum wheel is designed for each type of vehicle. Use it on the specified vehicle only.
- Use Genuine NISSAN parts for the road wheels, valve caps and wheel nuts.
- Always use them after adjusting the wheel balance. For the balance weights, use Genuine NISSAN aluminum wheel weights.
- Use caution when handling the aluminum wheels, because they can be easily scratched. When removing dirt, do not use any abrasives, a wire brush, or other items that may scratch the coating. Use a neutral detergent if a detergent is needed.
- After driving on roads scattered with anti-icing salts, wash off the wheels completely.
- When installing road wheels onto the vehicle, always wipe off any dirt or foreign substances to prevent them from being trapped between the contact surfaces of wheel.
- Do not apply oil to nut and bolt threads.
- When tightening the valve cap there is a risk of damaging the valve cap if a tool is used. Tighten by hand.