Subaru Legacy: How to use the rear view camera
When the shift lever or select lever is set to “R”, the rear view camera automatically displays the rear view image from the vehicle. When the lever is set to other positions, the image before setting to “R” is displayed.
1. Set the ignition switch to “ON”.
2. Set the shift lever or select lever to “R”.
● For models with the genuine SUBARU navigation system, the image of the rear view camera has priority over other screen displays. To operate other screens, set the shift lever (MT models) or select lever (AT and CVT models) to a position other than “R”.
● The image of the rear view camera is horizontally reversed as is the case with the vehicle rearview mirror or the side view mirror.
● It may be difficult to see the image of the rearview camera in the following cases. This is not a malfunction of the camera.
– The vehicle is in a dark place (at night, in a tunnel, etc.).
– The vehicle is in an extremely hot or cold place.
– An object (such as raindrops, snow, dirt, etc.) that disturbs the view of the rear view camera sticks to the lens of the camera.
– Strong light shined directly on the camera lens (occasionally, there are vertical lines on the screen).