Toyota Corolla Repair Manual: Engine
: inspect these items on a cooled down engine.
1. Inspect drive belt
2. Replace spark plugs
3. Inspect air filter
- Remove the air filter.
- visually check that the air filter is not excessively damaged, dirty or oily.
Peplace the air filter if necessary.
- clean the filter with compressed air.
First blow from the inside of the filter thoroughly then repeat from the outside.
- reinstall the air filter.
4. Replace air filter
- replace the air filter with a new one.
5. Replace engine oil and oil filter
6. Replace engine coolant
7. Inspect gasket in fuel tank cap
8. Inspect fuel lines and connections, fuel tank vapor vent system hoses and fuel tank bands
- visually check the fuel lines for cracks, leakage, loose connections, deformation and tank band looseness.
9. Inspect exhaust pipes and mountings
- visually check the pipes, hangers and connections for severe corrosion, leaks and damage.
10. Inspect valve clearance