Toyota Corolla Repair Manual: Sound quality is bad only when playing tape
1 Replace cassette tape with another and recheck
- Replace the cassette tape with another and recheck.
- Replace the faulty cassette tape with the normal one to see if the same trouble occurs again.
Standard: malfunction disappear.
2 Check for any foreign object
- Check for foreign object.
- Check that no foreign material and troubles are detected in the radio receiver assembly cassette tape player.
3 Clean head and check operation
- Head cleaning
- raise the cassette door with your finger. Next, using a pencil or similar object, push in the guide.
- Using a cleaning pen or cotton applicator soaked in cleaner, clean the head surface, pinch rollers and capstans.
- Check that the same trouble occurs again.