Toyota Highlander Service Manual: Adjustment
- Before adjusting the door position for vehicles equipped with side airbags and curtain shield airbags, be sure to disconnect the battery. After adjustment, inspect the SRS warning lamp, the side airbag system and the curtain shield airbag system for normal operation. Then initialize both airbag systems.
- Use the same procedure for the RH side and LH side.
- The procedures listed below are for the LH side.
- Centering bolts are used to mount the door hinge to the vehicle body and door. The door cannot be adjusted with the centering bolts on. Substitute the centering bolts with standard bolts (w/ washers) when making adjustments.
- A bolt without a torque specification is shown in the standard bolt chart (see page 03-2 ).
1. INSPECT REAR DOOR PANEL SUB-ASSY LH
(a) Check that the clearance is within the standard value.
2. ADJUST REAR DOOR PANEL SUB-ASSY LH
(a) Disconnected the negative (-) terminal cable from the battery.
CAUTION: Work must be started 90 seconds after the ignition switch is turned is the "LOCK" position and the negative (-) terminal cable is disconnected from the battery. (The SRS is equipped with a back-up power source so that if work is started within 90 seconds from disconnecting the negative (-) terminal cable of the battery, the SRS may be deployed.)
(b) Adjust the door by loosening the body side hinge nuts.
(c) Tighten the body side hinge nuts after the adjustment.
Torque: 26 NVm (272 kgfVcm, 18 ftVlbf)
(d) Adjust the door by loosening the door side hinge bolts.
(e) Tighten the door side hinge bolts after the adjustment.
Torque: 27 NVm (275 kgfVcm, 20 ftVlbf)
(f) Adjust the striker position by slightly loosening the striker mounting screws and hitting the striker with a plastic hammer.
(g) Tighten the striker mounting screws again.
Torque: 23 NVm (235 kgfVcm, 17 ftVlbf)
(h) Connect the negative (-) terminal cable to the battery.
(i) Initialize both airbag systems.
(j) Check the SRS warning lamp (see page 05-1207 ).