Toyota RAV4 Service Manual: Air inlet damper control servo motor circuit
The damper servo (air inlet control) sends pulse signals to indicate the damper position to the air conditioning amplifier. The air conditioning amplifier activates the motor (normal or reverse) based on these signals to move the air inlet control damper to the appropriate position, which controls the intake air settings (fresh, fresh / recirculation and recirculation).
Confirm that there are no mechanical problems because this dtc can be output when either a damper link or damper is mechanically locked.
- Read value of intelligent tester (a/i damp targ pls)
- Connect the intelligent tester (with can vim) to the dlc3.
- Turn the ignition switch on and turn the intelligent tester main switch on.
- Select the items below in the data list, and read the value displayed on the intelligent tester.
Ok: the display is as specified in the normal condition column.
- Replace damper servo sub-assembly
Since the servo motor cannot be tested when it is removed from the vehicle, replace the servo motor with a normal one and check that the condition returns to normal.
Ok: same problem does not occur.
System is ok
Components Removal Disconnect cable from negative battery terminal Caution: Wait at least 90 seconds after disconnecting the cable from the negative (-) battery terminal to prevent airbag and seat belt pretensioner activation. Remove no.