Toyota RAV4 Service Manual: Brake
- Inspect brake lines and hoses
Work in a well-lighted area. Turn the front wheels fully to the right or left before beginning the inspection.
- Using a mirror, check the entire circumference and length of the brake lines and hoses for:
- Check all the clamps for tightness and the connections for leakage.
- Check that the hoses and lines are not near sharp edges, moving parts or the exhaust system.
- Check that the lines are installed properly and pass through the center of the grommets.
- Inspect front brake
- Check the front brake pads and discs (see page br- 42).
- Inspect brake linings and drums
- Check the brake linings and drums. Also check the brake linings of the parking brake.
Hint: Use the same procedures for the rh side and lh side. The procedures listed below are for the lh side. Caution: Be sure to read the precautionary notices concerning the srs airbag system before servicing it (see page rs-1). Disconnect cable from negative battery terminal Cauti ...
Throttle / pedal position sensor / switch "A"
Hint: These dtcs relate to the throttle position (tp) sensor. Description The tp sensor is mounted on the throttle body, and detects the opening angle of the throttle valve. This sensor is a non-contact type.