Toyota RAV4 Service Manual: Fail-safe chart
- Fail safe operation
- If there is a problem with any sensor signals or actuator systems, the skid control ecu prohibits the power supply to the abs and traction actuator and informs the ecm of vsc system failure.
The abs and traction actuator turns off the solenoids and the ecm shuts off vsc control (traction control signal) from the skid control ecu accordingly, the result being that it is as if the abs, trc and vsc systems were not installed.
- Abs control is prohibited, but ebd control continues as far as possible. If ebd control is impossible, the brake warning light comes on to warn the driver (see page bc-44).
- If system components have any malfunctions before starting control, the operation stops immediately. If system components have any malfunctions during control, the control stops gradually so as not to trigger a sudden change in vehicle conditions.
If it is impossible to control the systems, the warning light comes on to inform the driver of malfunctions in the systems (see page bc-44).
- If the abs system malfunctions, the brake system operates normally without the abs system.
- If the brake actuator malfunctions, a gradual loss of brake performance is expected, and abs system control is prohibited.
Freeze frame dataFreeze frame data Hint: Whenever a dtc is detected or the abs operates, the skid control ecu stores the current vehicle (sensor) state as freeze frame data. The skid control ecu stores ...
Data list / active testRead data list Hint: Using the intelligent tester's data list allows switch, sensor, actuator and other item values to be read without out removing any parts. Reading the data list early in ...
Mechanical system tests
Stall speed test Hint: This test is to check the overall performance of the engine and transaxle. Notice: Do not perform the stall speed test longer than 5 seconds. To ensure safety, perform this test in an open and level area that provides good traction. The stall speed test sh ...
Short in front driver side - side squib circuit
Description The driver side - side squib circuit consists of the center airbag sensor and the front seat side airbag lh. This circuit instructs the srs to deploy when the deployment conditions are met. These dtcs are recorded when a malfunction is detected in the driver side - side sq ...
Air conditioning filter
The air conditioning filter must be changed regularly to maintain air conditioning efficiency. Removal method Vehicles without a smart key system: turn the engine switch to the “lock” position. Vehicles with a smart key system: turn the engine switch off. Open the glove box.