Toyota RAV4 Service Manual: Removal (2005/11-2006/01)
- Disconnect cable from negative battery terminal
Wait at least 90 seconds after disconnecting the cable from the negative (-) battery terminal to prevent airbag and seat belt pretensioner activation.
- Remove roof headlining assembly
- Remove the roof headlining (see page ir-26).
- Remove sliding roof side garnish lh
- Using a screwdriver, detach the claws and remove the garnish.
Tape the screwdriver tip before use.
- Remove sliding roof side garnish rh
Use the same procedures described for the lh side.
- Remove sliding roof glass sub-assembly
- Using a t25 "torx" driver, remove the 4 screws and glass.
- Pull the glass upward to remove it.
- Remove sliding roof weatherstrip
- Disconnect sliding roof drain hose
- Disconnect the 4 drain hoses.
- Remove sliding roof housing assembly
- Remove the 4 bolts, 8 nuts and housing.
Be careful not to damage the curtain shield airbag when removing the housing.