Toyota Sienna Service Manual: The Other Caller's Voice cannot be Heard, is too Quiet, or Distorted
1 CHECK CELLULAR PHONE
- Check if the voice on the other side can be heard using a cellular phone.
OK: Voice can be heard
2 CHECK NAVIGATION SYSTEM
- Check that navigation sound can be heard from the driver side speaker.
OK: Audio sound can be heard
3 CHECK SETTINGS
- Check if the volume level is set to low on the CALL screen.
OK: The level is not set low
4 CHECK SETTINGS
- Enter the "Handsfree Voice Quality Set" mode.
- Check if the Receive Voice Level is set to "0".
HINT: The Receive Voice Level can be set to 11 different levels, -5 to +5, with a 3 dB difference.
- Check if the Receive Voice Level is set to the minimum or maximum level.
HINT: When the Receive Voice Level is set to the minimum or maximum level, the sound may be distorted.
OK: The Receive Voice Level is set to "0".
PROCEED TO NEXT CIRCUIT INSPECTION SHOWN IN PROBLEM SYMPTOMS TABLE
Cannot Call in a Certain PlaceINSPECTION PROCEDURE 1 CHECK SURROUNDING CONDITIONS Check if the cellular phone can make calls in a certain place. OK: It can make calls 2 CHECK RECEPTION Enter the "Informati ...
1. REMOVE OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION ECU 2. REMOVE FRONT SEAT CUSHION SHIELD INNER RH Remove the screw. Using a screwdriver, disengage the claws and remove the cushion shield inner. HINT: Tape the screwdriver tip before use. 3. REMOVE FRONT SEAT INNER BELT ASSEMBLY RH &nbs ...
How to proceed with troubleshooting
1 VEHICLE BROUGHT TO WORKSHOP 2 CUSTOMER PROBLEM ANALYSIS 3 CHECK INITIAL CHECK FUNCTION 4 PROBLEM SYMPTOMS TABLE THE CORRESPONDING SYSTEM DOES NOT EXIST (Go to step 5) 5 BASED ON THE MALFUNCTION SYMPTOM, PERFORM THE TROUBLESHOOTING BELOW Operation check (C). Terminals of ECU 6 ...
HINT: Overhaul the RH side by the same procedures as these of the LH side. 1. REMOVE REAR WHEEL 2. SEPARATE REAR DISC BRAKE CALIPER ASSEMBLY LH HINT: Do not disconnect the flexible hose from the brake caliper. 3.