Toyota Tacoma 2015-2018 Service Manual: Clearance Warning ECU Communication Stop Mode
- Because the order of diagnosis is important to allow correct diagnosis, make sure to begin troubleshooting using How to Proceed with Troubleshooting when CAN communication system related DTCs are output.
- Before measuring the resistance of the CAN bus, turn the ignition switch off and leave the vehicle for 1 minute or more without operating the key or any switches, or opening or closing the doors. After that, disconnect the cable from the negative (-) battery terminal and leave the vehicle for 1 minute or more before measuring the resistance.
- After turning the ignition switch off, waiting time may be required before disconnecting the cable from the negative (-) battery terminal. Therefore, make sure to read the disconnecting the cable from the negative (-) battery terminal notices before proceeding with work.
- Some parts must be initialized and set when replacing or removing and installing parts.
- After performing repairs, perform the DTC check procedure and confirm that the DTCs are not output again.
DTC check procedure: Turn the ignition switch to ON and wait for 1 minute or more. Then operate the suspected malfunctioning system and drive the vehicle at 60 km/h (37 mph) or more for 5 minutes or more.
- After the repair, perform the CAN bus check and check that all the ECUs and sensors connected to the CAN communication system are displayed as normal.
- Inspect the fuses for circuits related to this system before performing the following procedure.